You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Company & Role Overview
Our client who is a leading accountancy firm is looking for an organised Bookkeeper to come and join their highly established company. To be a successful candidate for this role you will need to be ACCA/AAT Qualified or studying. You will also need to be Xero Certified.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly bookkeeping (including the reconciliation of control accounts which is a vital part)
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns, checking VAT returns prepared by clients
- Preparing and submitting CIS returns
- Looking at Software/ Apps that link with Xero and developing internal systems to improve efficiency
- ACCA/ AAT Qualified or working towards
- Experience in practice – in particular bookkeeping experience
- Xero Certified – must have a lot of experience using Xero and be very confident using this. You will be required to give training to clients where necessary, and also share knowledge/ train within the team
- Experience in Sage is desired but not essential
- Strong understanding of accountancy/ tax principles, including reconciling control accounts
- Experience preparing and submitting CIS returns is essential and an understanding of CIS In addition to the above you must be able to manage your own workload and work to tight deadlines, extra hours may be required during busy periods