Accountancy, Banking and Finance
Our team of Accountancy and Finance specialist recruiters will help you find your next exciting role. Regardless of your requirements, industry or practice, we have Junior, Part, Newly and Fully Qualified roles such as Accounts Assistants, Credit Controllers, Accounts Payable, Junior Accountants, Management Accountants, Financial Accountants and Financial Controllers.
Our team also specialize placements within the exciting Fintech and Banking industries which shape our economic world with both going through rapid changes. We work with a range of companies and SMEs who are on the hunt for top talent.
Company & Role Overview
Our client is a UK leading Charity. They help to provide crucial support to people with Complex disabilities all across the UK for well over the last 10 years. Our client is looking for an experienced Management Accountant to add to the team. We are looking for the right individual to join now to be part of an exciting future ahead.
This role will provide vital assistance and support across the Finance department.
- To carry out all aspects of the role in a satisfactory manner and within the guidance of the Organisation’s Goals, Values and Strategic aims.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Management and Head of Finance to prepare the Annual Budget & Business Plan
- Create an Annual Budget timetable
- Design Annual Budget setting processes and procedures
- Design Budget modelling processes
- Perform financial modelling for new business contracts
- Work with the Financial Controller on month end closure processes
- Provide training to Managers on managing budgets effectively
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts
- Perform Monthly Management Accounts meetings with Budget holders to document and explain variances from Budget
- Support the Senior Management Team to take timely action to address deviations from Budget
- Produce Monthly Management information reporting
- Support the work of internal and external audit
- Lead the Business Support to all areas of the organisation
- CIMA, ACCA OR ACA qualified, CIMA is preferable
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience at senior level of Financial Management & Budget Controls
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
Company & Role Overview
Across this company, we’re passionate and excited about delivering software that our customers will love. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, a friendly office culture.
We want our people to have humbleness and humility, not be afraid to admit when they’re wrong and learn from each other. Have a passion for innovation, ideas, challenge thinking outside of the box- there’s never a bad idea!
Identify and perform sales plans and exceed quota through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities
Correctly forecast opportunities
Build and execute territory plans to maximise sales revenue
Liaise effectively with our Technical Pre-Sales Engineers and Customer Success team
Proactively take part with our Marketing team
Experience in selling IT solutions with a demonstrable ability to meet or exceed a sales quota
A strong sales presence, with solid interpersonal, written and presentation skills
Excellent negotiation skills
Demonstratable ability to overcome objections effectively
Probing skills, knowing how to use effective questions to gather information and build a clear, shared understanding of a customer’s needs
Closing skills, demonstrating how to recognise when a customer is prepared to move ahead in the sales-cycle
Outstanding listening skills
Strong organisational skills – showing how to segment accounts into easier-to-manage divisions, aligning internal strengths with customers' needs
Have used Salesforce
Have sold into IT Operations
Have start-up / rapid growth company experience
Have been trained in and used a sales methodology, such as Miller Heiman or Sandler
Have a European language
Experience working with resellers/partners
Company and role overview
Our client in the Property and Restaurant sector is seeking a bookkeeper to come and join their team! The candidate will be expected to manage a range of payroll duties such as posting regular journals, sorting invoices and VAT returns to ensure bookkeeping jobs are done efficiently and to the best possible standard.
- Processing manual payments.
- Issuing invoices, payments, and credit control.
- Setting up new members’ accounts on Sage & CRM system.
- Direct debit reconciliation and reports.
- Completing export reports, payment reports & monthly management reports.
- Completing VAT & Company Tax returns.
- Managing the monthly payroll process (P60s, P11Ds, SSP, SMP etc.)
- Liaise with PA’s when year-end accounts are due
- Cash flow estimating & budgeting.
- Have experience in completing accounts up to trial balance.
- Ideally have used Sage200 before
- Have come from an SME background
- Be passionate about delivering excellent operational and strategic support.
Company & Role Overview
Our client is looking for a new payroll specialist the responsibilities will include collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating their wages/salaries, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
Additional responsibilities consist of overseeing the payroll budget and expenses as well as working together with different departments to increase payroll service performance and lead on the development of in-house payroll systems
This is a hybrid role
- Ensuring agreement with all statutory requirements of PAYE and pension schemes and to ensure correct and timely reporting as required by HM Revenue and Customs, Real Time information and pension scheme returns.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to certify timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Handling of payroll, including new starters, leavers, timesheets, calculating pay, HMRC submissions.
- Guaranteeing that correct payments are made, and appropriate information is provided, to the company pension scheme, HMRC and other statutory bodies.
- Giving advice and knowhow in relation to the effect of external changes on pension schemes.
- Strengthen the provision of Payroll related reporting (e.g., weekly KPIs and manager reports) both scheduled and on request.
- Ensuring the management of all types of leave e.g., sick, holiday, maternity, volunteering.
- Leading the growth and enhancement of Payroll and Pension system processes, in liaison with the Human Resource Department, to provide a well-organized and effective service to employees.
- Adding to the identification and conveyance of business improvement projects to streamline the payroll arrangements.
- To build up and carry out the company policy and procedures related to payroll and pensions, liaising with senior management, internal audit and other departments where appropriate.
- Providing user training to make sure that payroll policies and procedures are commonly understood across the organisation. Employ plans to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures.
- Retaining a thorough understanding of current and emerging payroll best practice, new legislation and Government guidelines and ensure that the company’s processes are updated accordingly.
- Business improvements - contributing to the progress of policies and procedures and provide support to the company major projects as required.
- To take on ad hoc tasks as required from time to time by the Head of Finance and/or Financial Controller to assist in the general running of the Department.
- Support both the internal and external auditors as required, during their audits.
- Employees are also required to comply with all the company’s policies, paying special attention to the Information Classification and Handling Policy, Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Completely CIPP Qualified and a current active member of the CIPP.
- A proven track record of overseeing a highly effective Payroll and/or Pension office to include a working knowledge of statutory requirements affecting PAYE, Defined Contribution Pension schemes and benefit structures.
- Having a strong knowledge of manual and computerised payroll systems and rules.
- Capability to translate and to reconcile complex financial data from a variety of sources using tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work as a part of a team and build brilliant relationships with colleagues at all levels
- The capability to handle difficult and varied workload to a high standard, prioritise efficiently and react positively to inconsistent pressures and problems.
- Having good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present technical and complex issues to a variation of audiences.
- High level systematic skills to support information analysis and problem resolution
- Ability to give to the Quality Assurance of systems, policy and procedures improvements where necessary.
- 30 days annual leave (18 days, pro-rata basis) plus discretionary days at Christmas
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 24/7 Virtual GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- 7% employer contribution pension
- Employee discounts on gym membership and a broad range of retail outlets
- Flexible working and home working options
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Company and role overview
Our client is searching for a positive and proactive Payroll Specialist to join their busy team. The candidate will be responsible for collecting and reviewing employee information such as wages/salaries, processing payments and maintaining accurate payrolls. It will be the candidate’s job to lead on the development of in-house payroll systems.
£35,000 pa (£21,000 pro-rata), 3 days.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements of PAYE and pension schemes
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Processing of payroll, including new starters, leavers, timesheets, calculating pay, HMRC submissions
- Ensuring that correct payments are made, and appropriate information is provided
- Lead the development and enhancement of Payroll and Pension system processes, in liaison with the Human Resource Department
- To develop and implement the company’s policy and procedures regarding payroll and pensions often liaising with senior management, internal audit, and other departments
- Fully CIPP Qualified and a current active member of the CIPP
- Experience of managing a highly effective Payroll and/or Pension office
- A strong understanding of manual and computerised payroll systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain relationships
- Ability to interpret and use tools such as Microsoft Excel.
Company and role overview
Our client is in the market for an Accounts Semi Senior to assist their busy team in dealing with client’s audits and accounts. There are many opportunities to socialise with the team at different social events hosted throughout the year as well as regular training programmes to support and develop strengths and skills in everyone.
- Review /finalise statutory accounts for submission to Companies’ House and HMRC
- On-line VAT, reviewing VAT returns and CT filing
- Communicate with clients Update client files, checklists, records, and procedures
- Financial analyses, planning and financial modelling
- Registered ACCA/ Student with 2 years’ experience
- Educated up to degree level or CTS
- Working knowledge of firm services and regulation and compliance
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends
- Friendly outgoing person who is keen to learn and puts clients first
- Good written and verbal skills