Company & Role Overview
We are currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent Youth Development Worker in schools located in East London. The role will require the successful candidate to work with students who have a range of mental health problems. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a school with challenging pupils.
- Advise troubled students and help them make safe choices.
- Ensure all students continue in education and have a better attendance, behaviour and achievement.
- Organise workshops and events to connect with students to build rapport.
- Maintain positive relationships with all students, guardians, other schools and the wider estate communities the company collaborate with.
- All documentation is collected, and evidence is gathered on time whilst aligning with our funder’s conditions.
- Encouraging schools the company work with to buy additional services from the company.
Important Requirements (Essential)
- Two years employment with difficult and mentally challenged students
- Experience with safeguarding concerns
- Experience in youth work
- Level 3 qualification in youth work or equivalent
- Level 2 English & Maths
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience with using Microsoft Office
- Past experience with holding events for young people
- Degree in Youth Work or equivalent