Company and role overview
Our client is a leader within the Lifestyle and Travel Industry. They are searching for an Administration Assistant to support their finance team to deal with many financial duties such as bank transfers, account reconciliation The candidate will be responsible for most accounts administration duties and will report to the Finance team.
- Process Supplier Payments
- Back-office administration duties
- BACS, CHAPS and SEPA bank transfers
- Liaise with Travel Suppliers
- Adhoc Finance duties
- Using MS Excel at an intermediate level with knowledge of formulas
- Working with accounting software, Sage (Desirable)
- Previous experience within Accounts Payable team (Desirable)
- Experience of CRM systems
- An amazing communicator verbally and written
- Attention to detail
- Birthday off
- Volunteering day off
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Wellness Discounts
- Generous pension scheme
- Up to 28 Days Holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance/Death in Service Cover
- Gym Membership
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- End of year bonus (subject to targets)
Company & Role Overview
Our client is a UK leading Charity. They help to provide crucial support to people with Complex disabilities all across the UK for well over the last 10 years. Our client is looking for an experienced Management Accountant to add to the team. We are looking for the right individual to join now to be part of an exciting future ahead.
This role will provide vital assistance and support across the Finance department.
- To carry out all aspects of the role in a satisfactory manner and within the guidance of the Organisation’s Goals, Values and Strategic aims.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Management and Head of Finance to prepare the Annual Budget & Business Plan
- Create an Annual Budget timetable
- Design Annual Budget setting processes and procedures
- Design Budget modelling processes
- Perform financial modelling for new business contracts
- Work with the Financial Controller on month end closure processes
- Provide training to Managers on managing budgets effectively
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts
- Perform Monthly Management Accounts meetings with Budget holders to document and explain variances from Budget
- Support the Senior Management Team to take timely action to address deviations from Budget
- Produce Monthly Management information reporting
- Support the work of internal and external audit
- Lead the Business Support to all areas of the organisation
- CIMA, ACCA OR ACA qualified, CIMA is preferable
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience at senior level of Financial Management & Budget Controls
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
Company & Role Overview
Our client is looking for a new payroll specialist the responsibilities will include collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating their wages/salaries, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
Additional responsibilities consist of overseeing the payroll budget and expenses as well as working together with different departments to increase payroll service performance and lead on the development of in-house payroll systems
This is a hybrid role
- Ensuring agreement with all statutory requirements of PAYE and pension schemes and to ensure correct and timely reporting as required by HM Revenue and Customs, Real Time information and pension scheme returns.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to certify timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Handling of payroll, including new starters, leavers, timesheets, calculating pay, HMRC submissions.
- Guaranteeing that correct payments are made, and appropriate information is provided, to the company pension scheme, HMRC and other statutory bodies.
- Giving advice and knowhow in relation to the effect of external changes on pension schemes.
- Strengthen the provision of Payroll related reporting (e.g., weekly KPIs and manager reports) both scheduled and on request.
- Ensuring the management of all types of leave e.g., sick, holiday, maternity, volunteering.
- Leading the growth and enhancement of Payroll and Pension system processes, in liaison with the Human Resource Department, to provide a well-organized and effective service to employees.
- Adding to the identification and conveyance of business improvement projects to streamline the payroll arrangements.
- To build up and carry out the company policy and procedures related to payroll and pensions, liaising with senior management, internal audit and other departments where appropriate.
- Providing user training to make sure that payroll policies and procedures are commonly understood across the organisation. Employ plans to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures.
- Retaining a thorough understanding of current and emerging payroll best practice, new legislation and Government guidelines and ensure that the company’s processes are updated accordingly.
- Business improvements - contributing to the progress of policies and procedures and provide support to the company major projects as required.
- To take on ad hoc tasks as required from time to time by the Head of Finance and/or Financial Controller to assist in the general running of the Department.
- Support both the internal and external auditors as required, during their audits.
- Employees are also required to comply with all the company’s policies, paying special attention to the Information Classification and Handling Policy, Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Completely CIPP Qualified and a current active member of the CIPP.
- A proven track record of overseeing a highly effective Payroll and/or Pension office to include a working knowledge of statutory requirements affecting PAYE, Defined Contribution Pension schemes and benefit structures.
- Having a strong knowledge of manual and computerised payroll systems and rules.
- Capability to translate and to reconcile complex financial data from a variety of sources using tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work as a part of a team and build brilliant relationships with colleagues at all levels
- The capability to handle difficult and varied workload to a high standard, prioritise efficiently and react positively to inconsistent pressures and problems.
- Having good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present technical and complex issues to a variation of audiences.
- High level systematic skills to support information analysis and problem resolution
- Ability to give to the Quality Assurance of systems, policy and procedures improvements where necessary.
- 30 days annual leave (18 days, pro-rata basis) plus discretionary days at Christmas
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 24/7 Virtual GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- 7% employer contribution pension
- Employee discounts on gym membership and a broad range of retail outlets
- Flexible working and home working options
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Company and role overview
Our client is searching for a positive and proactive Payroll Specialist to join their busy team. The candidate will be responsible for collecting and reviewing employee information such as wages/salaries, processing payments and maintaining accurate payrolls. It will be the candidate’s job to lead on the development of in-house payroll systems.
£35,000 pa (£21,000 pro-rata), 3 days.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements of PAYE and pension schemes
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Processing of payroll, including new starters, leavers, timesheets, calculating pay, HMRC submissions
- Ensuring that correct payments are made, and appropriate information is provided
- Lead the development and enhancement of Payroll and Pension system processes, in liaison with the Human Resource Department
- To develop and implement the company’s policy and procedures regarding payroll and pensions often liaising with senior management, internal audit, and other departments
- Fully CIPP Qualified and a current active member of the CIPP
- Experience of managing a highly effective Payroll and/or Pension office
- A strong understanding of manual and computerised payroll systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain relationships
- Ability to interpret and use tools such as Microsoft Excel.
Company and role overview
Our client is in the market for a meticulous Application Developer to join their team. The role entails assisting the company with application developments, software developments and customer platforms. The company are keen to build upon the chosen candidate’s current skill set and will offer training for their continuous development. The candidate’s role will also focus on delivering the best customer service possible and working with key stakeholders including directors, leaders, and team managers across the business.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders of mixed technical ability.
- Producing scope of work alongside the project owners
- Design (and documenting) of own solutions or sub-sets of solutions
- Designing and maintaining SQL databases
- Writing software and/or configuring software platforms
- Troubleshooting and debugging code
- Testing and analysis of test results
- Documentation – both technical and non-technical
- Project management
- Keeping stakeholders up to date with process and projects
- Occasional IT support to the wider team
- Previous experience of project management in software development, in the Microsoft stack.
- Excellent understanding of software development and software integration principles
- Good written and verbal skills
- Proven knowledge and some experience with SQL, C#, .Net Frameworks and MSSQL, UX principles and implementing/improving UI, using CSS, Bootstrap and HTML
- Experience of using ORM’s such as Dapper or Entity Framework
- At least 6 months professional experience in software development
- Able to be office based in either Southampton, Bradford, or Avon
Company & Role Overview
You will be responsible and held accountable to the Lead Project Manager for managing a range of building refurbishment projects, engineering installations, preparing feasibility options, and preparing and managing contract schemes. The role also includes designing small works and is expected to undertake a wide variety of schemes. You will be the responsible person for the delivery of allocated refurbishment schemes generally up to £3m with the majority being £50k to £2m. The role holder will be expected to manage a variety of size of scheme as required and to ensure that all schemes are delivered on time, within budget and to the quality expected, whilst ensuring a fast turnaround and a customer focused service.
- To act as lead where allocated and deliver a range of building and engineering
- refurbishment projects including the agreement of client brief, the preparation of drawings on AutoCAD where required, preparation of specifications, applications for Planning Approval and Building Regulations, and the preparation of appropriate health and safety plans, risk assessments, and method statements. All in close association and liaison with engineering colleagues regarding building services requirements and other relevant stakeholders such as the Fire Officer and Health & Safety Unit amongst others.
- To manage multiple projects at one time often with pressing deadlines and to ensure that work is prioritised appropriately considering importance of certain projects to university reputation, research need, and requirements of beneficiaries and other University activities.
- To programme and plan the delivery of projects appropriately within live buildings considering noise avoidance during university activities such as graduations, events, open days, examinations and the like.
- To produce tender documentation for relevant schemes, including all prelims, specifications, contract amendments, and undertake reviews of tender returns and producing tender evaluation reports.
- To act as contract administrator for relevant schemes.
- To support the Lead Project Manager in the continual development of service delivery processes including the Project Management Procedures and appropriate guidelines.
- To deliver schemes in line with Project Management Procedures including the production and regular updating or project programmes, change control registers, risk registers, client briefs, meeting minutes, etc.
- To ensure compliance with Health & Safety policies and relevant statutory standards including the Health & Safety at Work Act within allocated projects. Ensure that the permit to work systems, risk assessments, safe working practices and safety plans are implemented.
- Participate in ‘out of hours’ call out service if required and carry out such other duties as may be commensurate with the post.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative and effectively prioritise a varied and demanding workload, often to tight deadlines.
- Practical approach to problem solving.
- Responsive and enthusiastic.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to cover in the department and provide reasonable flexibility in terms of hours worked
- Experience of budget and project management (delivering on time, budget and to the required quality).
- Experience of managing a multi- disciplinary design team/contractors.
- Working knowledge of CDM and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Excellent ICT skills including MS Word, Excel and email.