Company & Role Overview
Our Client who is one of the UK’s leading providers of material management solutions is looking for a Transport - Service Manager, you will supervise all Logistics services to make sure that business needs are being met. You are in charge for the general concern of a company's Logistics service requirements.
It will be a day-to-day duty for the logistics service, including management of a convoy of different types of vehicles (RCV/Tail lift/Skip/Roll on-off). You will oversee a team of assistants, drivers and Logistics planners. First hand management of customer service needs and business expectations.
- Supervise or detect, build, plan and review routes for driver employees in conjunction with the planning team, guaranteeing efficient path density provisions, customer service collections and KPI targets are attained.
- Guarantee agreement with all health, safety and welfare regulations and policies.
- Place and frequently manage KPI expectations with team members and senior management, implement monthly KPI reporting package.
- Mentor, coach, influence and supervise team members and contractors, and motivate them to take positive action and responsibility for their assigned work.
- Implementation of company policy and procedures, involving management of performance, regular observations/assessments and encouragement of formal proceedings as necessary.
- Operate liability of site admin activities, ensuring de-briefs are completed, system records are kept.
- Make sure suitable PDA management is in place, ensuring all devices are used successfully and data is entered correctly/efficiently including weights.
- Effective management rescheduling of collections or additional ad-hoc services, solution of issues, promotion of “Think about the Customer”.
- Payroll and cost responsibility for Logistics related activities, assessment of expenditure, and minimisation of needless operational costs.
- Review regularity and reason for missed calls and postpone services and minimise future issues. Observe productivity and report on trends and pinpoint changes of improvement.
- Offer sufficient instruction and training appropriate that employees are competent to carry out their work activities without harm and free of risk to other employees and themselves who may be impacted by such actions.
- In charge of Logistics procedures in combination with AD Logistics/Driver training manager and expected to provide to the health, safety and welfare of all employees in the overall business unit.
- Vast knowledge of the waste industry and important laws.
- Agreement and health and safety of procedures in line with Business needs.
- Effective application of fleet resources and facilities
- Organization of assets (people, vehicles, systems)
- CPC Qualification (Transport Manager)
- HGV Licence desired
- Service delivery and customer satisfaction in line with Commercial targets and agreed KPIs