You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Company & Role Overview
We are currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent Premises Assistant at a secondary school in southwest London. The company offers a variety of benefits including a staff reward scheme for outstanding work, qualification progression, discounted higher education, half term breaks and a staff laptop. The successful candidate will ensure the school grounds maintain a high level of cleanliness, protect the wellbeing of the students and provide a safe space for all service users.
- Maintenance activities can include overall repairs and site enhancements, general cleaning and gardening, frequent inspections, verifying safety of outdoor equipment, and communicating with the line manager.
- Resources duties can include keeping records, chemicals and information sheet, risk assessments, health and safety checks.
- Security responsibilities will require key holding including afterschool activities such as meetings and events.
- Portering, organising lunchtime hall, budgeting appliances, audits and contributing to meetings.
- Understand GDPR and privacy regarding personal data, safeguarding students in consideration of school safety policies and procedures.
- Any other responsibilities asked by the line manager must be completed to the highest standards.
Important Requirements (Essential)
- Ability to carry out basic DIY tasks for maintenance responsibilities
- Good standard of oral and written communication
- Capable of working independently
- Experienced or qualified in a maintenance related industry such as pluming and decorating
- Previous employment in a school setting or related area
- Good knowledge of health and safety standards
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000