Company & Role Overview
Our client is a for-profit private company specialising in education is looking for an experienced IT team member to join them.
The Educational department leads projects from a testing viewpoint whist providing mentoring for junior members of the team and supporting the Testing Team Leader to review and sign off project documentation.
- Consult with 3rd party suppliers to guarantee their testing practices suit testing standards and are delivering test plans and test cases/script.
- Testing defect fixes or changes to existing systems and working in a team and communicating with other teams within IT.
- Support and assist Team Leader and other team members/departments to review and sign off project documentation e.g., requirements, functional specification, and test plan documents.
- Commit to tasks deadlines and demonstrate effective planning and organisation.
- Propose new ideas and take a creative approach.
- Take a proactive role in updating and improving processes/procedures.
- Accurately recording and monitoring any defects raised - assessing and recognising risk and impact.
- Effective networking and research to develop an awareness and knowledge of the legal education market and promote the services.
- Monitoring the accuracy from the functional to the delivered product.
- Producing test cases/scripts for regression testing.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a similar role.
- ISTQB Qualified.
- At least 1 year in a role involving customer service.
- Experience of working closely with an IT department and external suppliers.
- Experience in implementing Automated testing procedures from scratch.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and numeracy.
- Ability to define Technical/QA testing processes that enhance the quality of delivered reports and applications.
- Demonstrate an aptitude and willingness to learn new skills/systems
- Ability to automate and streamline the testing process to improve efficiency.