Company and role overview
Our client in the Education sector is searching for a candidate to take the role of IT Support amongst their small team of 3! The candidate will perform many IT duties such as assisting staff and/or students with any hardware, software, and network related issues and will report to the head of IT. The role requires a good knowledge and understanding of a variety of software’s and computers.
- To coordinate and report to the team leader and head of IT in relation to work duties
- Provide IT support for both staff, students, and members of the company
- Record and monitor support requests using the departments ticket system
- Manage and maintain school’s PC’s, Macs, and associated hardware
- Experience with authentication and directory services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group policies)
- Office365, Exchange, Teams, SharePoint
- Install, configure, update as well as troubleshoot computers and hardware
- Carry out front desk duties in the Computer Lab, assisting students and staff with IT issues
- Troubleshoot IP Phones
- TCP/IP Networking LAN/WAN (DNS, DHCP, VPN)
- Create and maintain documentation to assist with trouble shooting and to providing instructions for users.
- Relevant IT qualification, such as CompTIA, Cisco, etc.
- Experience with PC components and the ability to design and build and workstations
- Knowledge of Mac hardware and Mac OS
- ITSM ticket systems.
- Good communication and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS. (Windows 8 &10)