Company and Role Overview
Our client who is an education provider is searching for a proficient IT Support and Network Engineer to join their diligent team. The aim of this role is to work directly with the IT and Network Manager, the IT Support & Network Engineer and provide first to third line IT support to the school community, contribute to management, maintenance and development of all IT equipment and the provision of technical advice and support for IT related activities.
- To assist in ensuring that the integrity of the IT infrastructure is maintained.
- To assist in ensuring the smooth running of the IT support services.
- To support the IT and Network Manager in the delivery of IT provision.
- To assist in advising staff on emerging technologies as appropriate.
- To take sole ownership of delegated IT projects, and/or development of existing IT systems, as required by the IT and Network Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a front-line IT support environment, with school experience preferable.
- Experience of a Microsoft domain environment essential.
- Experience of configuring and maintaining filtering and firewall appliances is essential.
- Highly motivated and extremely capable of working independently for extended periods of time.
- Having a strong willingness to undertake further training in support of the job role is necessary.