Company & Role Overview
The role of a Communications and Digital Assistant will involve supporting a communications function and Q team with the continuing model and delivery of Q’s communications channels and outputs. This role is an excellent step into the future and a worthwhile opportunity for a successful applicant to consolidate their knowledge and achieve a wide range of skills in the communications sector in a supportive, artistic, and collective atmosphere.
A successful applicant will work across various communications fields including digital, campaign marketing, e-communications, internal communications, community engagement, social media, and events. They will support an entire Q team, Q’s communications, and engagement function serving as a member of a matrix team to guarantee all communication approaches are coordinated and aligned. At present, due to COVID-19 this role is remote but will be changing into a hybrid working role.
- E-communications, digital communications, and website maintenance
- Send emails such as campaigns and enewsletters
- Social media content and managing twitter profile
- Data collection
- Editing blogs
- Member support
- Support the manager and Qmembers
- Zoom support
- Member recruitment
- Q-team communications and administrative assistance
- Managing exhibition stands at events
- Arranging internal communications
- Gain an understanding of the health sector
- Delivering administrative support
- Able to travel and participate in some out of hours activities will be required with the events management field of this vacancy.
- Dedicated to diversity.
- Ability to form positive bonds with co-workers and all acquaintances from the company.
- Creative and imaginative problem-solving input.
- Receives criticism well.
- Experience of employment in a communication related area.
- Experience of email marketing, such as Dotmailer or MailChimp.
- Experience of using social media platform(s) in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of using a content management system to update and maintain a website, such as WordPress.
- Excellent IT skills with a great understanding of the application Microsoft Office.
- The ability to pay attention to detail.
- Well literate and be able to adapt messages for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent oral communication skills and be able to make strong contributions to team meetings.
- The ability to work in a team and with differing levels of staff throughout the business internally and externally.
- Extremely proactive and able to use initiative without constant guidance.
- Very organised, multi-tasks and can prioritise successfully to handle a demanding amount of work and meeting deadlines.
- Interested in communications and health care.
- Work experience within administrative employment.
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with desktop packages, such as Photoshop.