The interim People Advisor role is a recently established position with the opportunity for permanency. The selected candidate will join the People Team, offering expertise and guidance to staff throughout their employment journey. Serving as the main point of contact and support for employees, the role encompasses addressing various HR topics throughout the entire employee lifecycle, requiring strong listening skills, attention to detail, and a solid understanding of HR principles.
- Manage all informal employee concerns following best practices and organizational policies. Implement appropriate measures to address and resolve employee concerns.
- Provide coaching, advice, and support to employees throughout the employee lifecycle, assisting them in optimizing the use of available tools and understanding organizational policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) team as needed for sensitive issues, such as data requests related to staff network groups and workforce DEIB. Ensure all information and issues are handled with care and tact, following established procedures.
- Act as a solution-focused resource for staff and managers seeking advice on HR-related matters, addressing a variety of issues and policy queries, including but not limited to annual leave, new starters, compensation, and benefits.
- Facilitate the offboarding procedures, including the issuance of departure letters, computation of remaining annual leave, identification of outstanding loans, and conducting exit surveys.
- Manage data entry in the existing HR system (Select HR) and supervise employee records, ensuring compliance with GDPR regulations and other pertinent policies.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of relevant payroll and pension data on a monthly basis, collaborating with the Payroll Officer and, when necessary, external payroll providers.
- Assist the broader HR Team in various annual processes, such as reviews, audits, and pay assessments.
- Provide support for learning and development initiatives, including organizing training sessions, maintaining training records, and compiling attendance data.
- Offer administrative assistance for contractor onboarding and manage the contractors' inbox.
- Demonstrated experience in executing various human resource tasks within a dynamic (preferably hybrid) work environment, ensuring the timely completion of deadlines while upholding quality and attention to detail.
- Practical experience in the application and provision of advice on HR policies and procedures.
- Meticulous attention to detail in the thorough and accurate completion of tasks, maintaining consistent high-quality work and minimizing errors.
- Solid understanding of employment law.
- Inquisitive, critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle issues and conflicts with tact and diplomacy.
- Effective and adaptable communication skills, comfortable with face-to-face, telephone, and video interactions, coupled with excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Highly organized and methodical approach to work, capable of managing competing priorities and handling a demanding and diverse workload.
- Proficiency in handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion, in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- Sound knowledge of safeguarding practices and procedures.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- CIPD qualification or actively pursuing a CIPD qualification.
- Experience in Change Management Initiatives.
- Familiarity with using Select HR.