Company & Role Overview
This role of Procurement is to work with investors across the company to identify conditions for goods and services, you will need to assess the market and establish the proper approach for each spend area. The team also enthusiastically oversee tactical suppliers and their contracts.
The Category and Contract Manager will operate the delivery of tracking procedures in a compliant and appropriate manner. You will be held directly liable for the efficient management of contracts allocated to them, making sure that service level agreements and key operation indicators are monitored and that any advancements required are well planned and completed.
This role will deal with all commercial or contractual terms to attain positive results in addition to ensuring that contracts keep pace with the company’s changing requirements. Successful guidance of multidisciplinary teams will be necessary along with helping the development of colleagues both inside procurement and throughout the Authority.
- To lead the maintenance, development, and execution of category strategies, guaranteeing support to appointing objectives.
- Build up and carry out new methods and results in the delivery of difficult projects to improve levels of service and minimise costs. This will require working collaboratively with associates across the organisation and outside, to make certain best practice can be accomplished when realizing new ways of working.
- Work together with and utilize influence on Directors, Senior Managers and Members as to the business and financial viability of differing commercial options for specific projects within complex and often, critical environments.
- Control providers to make certain they regularly attain the performance standards set out in contracts and those satisfactory controls are in place to protect the Organisation's interests. Have a practical approach to finding and studying contractual, commercial and market risks to confirm stability of supply and protect the Organisation's interests.
- Command a constant progress approach to detect and deliver on-going changes though also managing the negotiation of commercial and contractual differences to guarantee they always meet business obligations.
- In charge of key tenders, projects and certifying all tracking action fully fulfils with proper legislation and regulation while also complying with the company policies.
- Work together with current suppliers and possible new applicants to discover gaps in market provision and delve into opportunities to close those gaps.
- Give assistance and guidance to stakeholders concerning any contractual or procurement matters.
- Care for the agreement of best practice approaches with the objective of certifying that the Procurement function is seen as ‘best in class’. Safeguard procedures, policies, documents and plans are kept up-to-date and continue to be best in class.
- Individual and collective targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Educated to degree level with a appropriate professional qualification such as MCIPS and or equivalent verifiable work experience with proof of continuing professional development.
- Understanding of category management and experience of using this method in complicated commercial environments to provide significant cost or service improvements.
- A provable track record of overseeing multi-million-pound strategic contracts in business-critical environments. This should include proof of defining, evaluating and improving key components of supplier working.
- Understanding of delivering constant enhancements in large, calculated arrangements with proof of generating substantial cost and service benefits
- Having a passion for making a difference. Produces and contributes to an ideal image of what we can become and inspires others to see exciting possibilities for the future.
- Understanding of working in a diplomatic environment and proficient in understanding and answering to different perspectives.
- Having a broad set of selling skills suitable to multimillion-pound contracts and experience of planning and delivering profitable negotiations.