You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Company & Role Overview
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a Hearings Team Manager to join their team. This role with involve dealing with leading, motivating and managing a team that often works remotely and is responsible for the delivery of a high volume of hearings. Ensuring, through coaching, support and guidance of individuals, a strong team ethos and collaborative working with colleagues across the department. Be accountable for the quality, volume and timeliness of your team’s work.
- Effectively prioritise and manage work and hearings, ensuring the best use of available resources to meet business needs and identification of future resource requirements.
- Manage a team who works remotely in hearings, being able to coach and support direct reports to problem solve and overcome obstacles or issues that supports the delivery of their work and the smooth running of all hearing types.
- Manage and lead the performance of the team by ensuring sufficient support, guidance and direction is provided and that human resource issues and any poor performance is managed quickly and effectively.
- Control hearing risks through the undertaking of appropriate checks at all stages of the process, making recommendations and escalating high-risk hearings to Operational Managers.
- Support the Operational Manager to promote and embed within the team a culture of continuous improvement and values that are consistent with the company values.
- To continuously monitor, identify, assess, mitigate, remediate, and appropriately escalate risks, not only within their area of responsibility but also across the organisation.
- Manage and motivate direct reports by providing direction and setting clear objectives and behaviours through effective performance reviews. Assure and be accountable for the quality of your team’s work.
- Manage autonomously and through direction, advice and support to individuals or team, any challenges or issues that arise in relation to the scheduling or management of hearings, whether from internal or external source.
- Analyse and recommend improvements to processes and systems in order to address the learning needs identified, then implement agreed actions to increase quality, productivity and efficiency
- Responsible for reviewing and authorising financial claims relating to hearings.
- Assist with the appointment and recruitment
- Responsible for ensuring the public facing Register is accurately updated to reflect the outcome of a hearing.
- Using available data and own analysis, drive the performance and productivity of your team to ensure performance objectives and indicators are consistently achieved.
- Responsible for the adjudicating of postponement requests made in advance of a hearing.
- Review and respond to challenges and complaints about the decisions made and service provided by your or other teams, ensuring that learning for individuals or the team is identified and implemented.
- DS Checks This role may bring you into contact with, or allow access to information relating to children or vulnerable adults.
- You will have significant experience of managing a team and resources, including demonstrable ability and understanding of performance management and coaching.
- You will have a high level of written English and verbal communication skills, and an ability to use your initiative to work effectively under pressure.
- Your strong communication skills will enable you to work effectively within a team and with your peers, to build and maintain positive relationships across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be able to work closely with a range of people involved in fitness to practise cases (including our external Partners, external legal services provider and Case Management Team)
- Have a strong understanding of regulation and experience of working with/interpreting legislation.