Company & Role Overview
Our client is a non-profit organisation with a passion for increasing the standards of healthcare provision in the UK. This organisation is committed to learning and developing opportunities to support building your skills and career with some fantastic benefits. Our client is looking for a Head of Policy to come and join their team. The aim of this role is to oversee policy standards of work in the department and will implement a variety of strategic projects.
- To supervise, coach, support and motivate implementing policies and overseeing day-to day work and workload.
- To participate in, or lead cross-departmental projects and manage Professional Liaison Groups (PLG) established to deal with relevant policy issues.
- To monitor policy, legislative and other developments relevant to professional regulation and identify any implications for the organisation.
- To undertake research and provide background briefings and information for senior bodies and external organisations on request.
- To write, and support the production of strategy, standards, policies, guidance, briefings, reports, consultation documents, material for the website and intranet, and other documents as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent skills/knowledge.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a policy, public affairs, or regulatory environment.
- Proven ability to develop strategic policy positions through robust research and analysis.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex information in an open and understandable way.
- Proven ability to support and motivate a team, including monitoring performance and build effective stakeholder relationships including demonstrated networking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high levels of tact, diplomacy, and political awareness.
- Highly organised with the ability to plan for and work to agreed deadlines and to deliver against multiple, often changeable priorities to time, quality and budget.
- Applicable knowledge of window-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
- Proven ability to develop in-depth understanding of legislation.