Company and Role Overview
Our clients who is an education provider is looking for a skilled Head of Finance to come and join their busy team. The aim of this role to manage the efficient and accurate processing of all daily accounting transactions and financial information. The position will also be accountable to the Trust Company Secretary for Trust level financial management and reporting.
Key responsibilities for this role will include financial planning, reporting and control; liaison with Auditors and Bankers and supporting the development of financial management across the School, College and Trust.
- Provide robust, expert financial support and advice to the School Bursar and College Bursar, leadership teams and Finance and General-Purpose Committees.
- Deputise for the School Bursar or College Bursar on financial matters as required.
- Work closely with the leadership teams to ensure that our financial systems and processes are agile, providing support and guidance to colleagues in using them.
- Monitor performance and ensure financial KPI’s and targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide financial modelling and impact analysis e.g., inflation, activity projections.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports are provided to managers.
- Annual statutory consolidated financial reporting, in line with charities SORP, ensuring successful audits and timely compliance with all annual returns.
- Ensure that all process and procedures and arrangements are in place for detecting and reporting fraud and support any investigative procedures as required.
- Manage consultants and other third-party contractors as required.
- Provide leadership to enhance ways of working as a team, providing high quality advice and levels of service to the organisation.
- Track record of leading a successful finance team, managing a high-calibre, multi-disciplinary and multi-site team to deliver against demanding timescales.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Proven experience of developing financial models, operating principles, and managing complex budgeting and reporting processes.
- Demonstrable experience of working at a strategic level and being responsive to change.
- Experience of developing finance practice and making improvements to service delivery.
- Proven project and team management capability.
- Qualified Finance professional: ACCA, ACA or CIMA.